Wednesday, April 10, 2013

QW #13 COMPUTER ZOMBIES!!!

It is no secret that I am still living in the Dark Ages. I think I am one of the few people that are older than 10 but younger than 90 years old, who does not have a smart phone. But I still have plenty of means of technology with a computer and a Kindle. For this Quote Whenever, I choose this:

http://seanwes.com/2012/life-is-happening-recreated/
"Life is happening right now -outside your screens."

Last year or so I came up with the term "Computer Zombie." It's a real thing people! Back when Ross and I were both working and we both had computers (ha!) Computer Zombies would happen. When we had down time we would get on our computers and turn into zombies, but instead of eating brains we wanted internet and computers and electronics. Often we would be sitting next to each other on the couch, staring into our illuminated screens of Pinterest or email or You Tube videos or news articles or -whatever. And you can bet that there was an ipod or phone thrown into the mix.

Just. Staring. 

-ZOMBIES, COMPUTER ZOMBIES-

And you can see it all around you too. It happens because it is so easy. You get sucked in and you can't stop.

But every once in a while it is nice to look at the world outside of your screen. I mean, I live in the freakin' Caribbean!! 

1 comment:

  1. My friend calls this phenomenon, "Screen face," haha. But, I agree, it's very easy to get sucked in. At dinner with friends it was very common to find people checking their phone at some point during the course of a meal, or drinks, or mingling. It's so common.

    Here it's definitely different.

    Do you think you'll stay away from the smart phone even when you get home?

    Some days I don't miss having one, but others, when I want to text message, or look something up online really quickly. I miss it so much. I will definitely be getting an iPhone next May, Moe is already prepared for it, haha. :)

    I don't know if you are familiar with this "Liebster award," but, I nominate you. :) So.. If you want to answer the questions and "play along," then go ahead. :)

    http://tamarasweetin.blogspot.com/2013/04/the-liebster-award.html

    ReplyDelete