Monday, April 22, 2013

Every Once in A While...

Every once in a while I forget that I live in Paradise. Everyone thinks I tan on the beach while Ross works his butt off at school. Ha! Well, at least part of that is true, Ross does work really hard. :)

I think most people on the island now are, soo done! We are hitting our post midterms slump when everyone just wants to pack up and take a vacation (which of course, is funny because we live on a gorgeous island people come to for vacation).

But day in and day out living in Grenada can take a toll on you! Like for over a month I wasn't able to get my hands on a single ounce of butter. Yes folks, BUTTER. It was like a slow painful death for me. Many people on the island resorted to making their own.

My sweet salvation! My second favorite thing from Minnesota (Hi Pip!).














Groceries are fun to shop for in Grenada, know why?

1) Who knows if they will actually have what you need
2) They are expensive

Ross and I honestly aren't a huge fan of the local fruits. They definitely have a different taste and most are difficult to get at because they have large seeds. I guess I need to post more on that later.

I miss my USA fruits like berries berries berries and PEACHES. Ah, what I wouldn't give for a Utah peach right now. When peach season rolled around in Utah I would LIVE off peaches.

Now don't get me wrong, you can buy berries at the local IGA grocery store.


















And you can definitely find some apricots!


















I have to thank my beautiful friend Tammy for these pictures. And for those of you keeping track, yep, that is roughly $11 for the strawberries and a whopping $28/ pound for the apricots. Needless to say when I get back to California, my first trip will be to Vallarta to dive head first into cheap produce and pan dulce. Haha.

I don't know if I'm counting up or counting down or what. Just getting through the days at this point and getting excited to get my husband back and see some great family and friends! :)

1 comment:

  1. SERIOUSLY. HAHA. Thanks for the shout out. The price is insane. I mean, seriously.

    Who would spend that kind of money on apricots. I would say something, but it seems way more TMI than our earlier in the day conversation, so.. I'll spare you.

    I'd say I am definitely done. I can't wait to eat strawberries. I'm making crepes. All day I'm going to eat them, with strawberries and blueberries. For real.

    I'm also going to eat other things that I can't specifically think of right now, but I know it's happening.

    I miss my husband too. I stare at the back of his head, but it's so not the same. at all. I really miss hanging out with him.

    I want to go to the movies, and be cold because the air conditioning is blasting. :)

    ReplyDelete