Saturday, October 13, 2012

Post Term 1 (mid-term) Update Continued

Saturday Ross and I went with some friends to a new beach. Well, new to us, it wasn't like it sprung up out of no where and had a grand opening. The beach is called La Sagesse and it is on the south side of the island so you get a different kind of beach!


























It was so much fun. The best way I can think to describe it is if the Pacific Ocean and the Caribbean had a baby -it would be La Sagesse. I know a lot of people down here don't much care for it though. The water is murkier and has more plant floaties like the Pacific Ocean. Also the waves are quite a bit rougher, but that is good news because it makes boogie boarding possible!


























And all at the same time you have WARM water, beautiful palm trees and lush green surroundings. Anyone gonna come visit me yet?

As you can tell from the picture, we were pretty happy to hang out with each other and have a fun little break!

As we were headed back to our apartment we stopped along the way to check out Le Phare Bleu Marina. They have a hotel, a restaurant, and a fancy restaurant out on the Lighthouse Boat.






















Boats!  In the background you can see Calivigny Island.


















You can rent the island. Yes, the ENTIRE 80 ACRE ISLAND! It's crazy.Check it out at this website. And it is definitely worth 5 minutes and 44 minutes of your time to watch this video about it:



I'm 98% sure that is what most people think Ross and I enjoy on a daily basis. But don't worry, in a couple years or so when Ross graduates we are going to be so rich that we are going to just buy it. No worries!

We came home to a pretty sunset. I'm not saying this is as impressive as they get, but I had to include it because it makes me miss my desert sunsets!

















That just about wraps it up for our break before the storm of med school starts again! I already can't wait for finals to be over. :)

1 comment:

  1. I didn't know Calivigny was 80 acres! jeesh. I would like to just go there. I hear that the owner had the sand imported. haha. So nice.

    Did you guys eat there?

    ReplyDelete