Sunday, October 28, 2012

BYU Football & Autumn Things


Brigham Young University's homecoming was recently. And I mentioned to Ross how much I missed it. He gave me a kind of sideways look because I am usually the first one to step up and make fun of Provo and Zoobs. Plus I never participate much in the activities  but I guess I miss the idea of autumn and the cooler weather that comes with Homecoming.
BYU had "blackout" uniforms for the Homecoming game against Oregon State.


















Ross and I are both missing fall and cool autumn weather.
I am a little weird'ed out by this, but I get homesick for those beautiful Utah mountains. I guess the past few years of crisp leaves, cutesy hats, comfy jeans, and cozy sweaters in Utah have become something to look forward to.
http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/06/12/104-sweaters/
(See also:http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/04/30/97-scarves/)

Homecoming 2009















Homecoming 2010















And maybe just a little, I miss the free, mass produced food surrounding homecoming events. I don't care much for football, but if you know me and my boy Alton,

  

"I'm just here for the food." Food makes everything more enjoyable. Ross knows that if I am going to sit through more than a few minutes of football... there will be food involved. Before one of the recent BYU football games we threw together an impromptu "tailgate party." Just because you can never have enough moments in life to laugh at yourself.


















We had microwave popcorn, cheese slices, stale tortilla chip crumbs and salsa, and ....
BACON
Which is kind of a big deal for us! Bacon is a rare delicacy.

But it seems that Utah has skipped fall and gone straight for the snow so for now we will enjoy our perpetual summer (and occasional bacon)!

1 comment:

  1. Love your blog posts! They always make me smile. I feel ya. I am missing Utah seasons as well, but two years will go by fast and then one day we will be saying that we miss Grenada. :)

    ReplyDelete