Friday, October 31, 2014

Happy Halloween Happenings

Halloween is one of the most freakishly festive holidays? Events? I say event because it isn't much of a celebration of anything, more like an event with tons of candy, costumes, and spooky things.

Speaking of candy, I found these this season and decided to casually try them. The casually stopped there because I flipped out at how good they were and now I have strategically hidden bags so I don't consume them all at once.


Ross and I did the customary carving of pumpkins earlier in the week. I've gotten smart and this year I opted for a tiny pumpkin since I know I'm always too lazy to do a full pumpkin.


It's dancing Baby Groot from the best movie ever!

Ross is a fancy pants and did an incredible Flash pumpkin. He knows it's my favorite and we have really enjoyed watching the series this season.


We had a fancy little colored strobe light for the pumpkin. Don't blink or you might miss this video.


Before and after!


Not as impressive with all the lights on, but I still like this picture.


Come Halloween we weren't 100% sure what our plans were. I thought it would be fun to go check out Riverside and see a movie at the theater there. First we stopped at the mall for a snack and we found this high-end puppy store with expensive designer dogs. 


They were so adorable I couldn't handle it. I love the little cocker spaniel and golden doodles. 


After we got a snack we headed over to the theater. I had seen some previews for The Book of Life and became increasingly interested in seeing it. So we did! 


I really loved it. It was a very cute movie and the cinematography was incredible. It was bright and colorful, and about time that they made a movie about Dia de los Muertos. I didn't realize until the credits first appeared that it was produced by Guillermo del Toro. Go figure. 

After the movie we came back to Redlands to check out "The Zone" on Olive Street. The city blocks off a large area of residential neighborhood for safe trick-or-treating.


They have some live bands, and some little carnival games too. Mostly the main attractions are the hundred year old Victorian homes along the street that are decked out in creepy and fun Halloween decorations. 


We heard it could get kind of insane, so we thought we would catch the tail end of the action at the end of the evening. It was busy for sure, and fun to walk around and see all the holiday spirit and cute costumes. 


It was turning out to be a full night, and we were pretty hungry from all our walking. Ross and I still had a ton of energy though, so we decided to go wander around Target. We picked up a frozen pizza, novelty soda, and a lego mini-figure. 


Lucky us! We got the perfect Halloween mini-figure! A creepy little Wednesday Adams-esque girl. I love it. 

I got dressed up in my Wyld Style Halloween costume and I am a little obsessed with the hair color. I think it should be a permanent change! Thoughts?





No comments:

Post a Comment