Friday, October 24, 2014

Makings

My Pinterest is full of pins of projects that I fully intended to make during the 5 seconds it took me to look at the pin and re-pin it. Me, and millions of other people across the globe.

But when I get up enough energy and interest, sometimes I dig into those pins with ferocity and figure it out. I've always wanted to be sufficient at reading crochet patterns, mostly so I could get into amigurumi. And kind of because I need smaller-scale projects that keep my interest.

With all of this in mind, I found this little guy a good place to start/ resume.



As with all my projects, I had to rip it out and re-do it.


 But after a few attempts and some YouTube videos, it turned out pretty cute! 


Perfect excuse to get some candy corn to fill it with. 

Also, I got courageous and decided that a good use for all my yarn would be a slouchy pumpkin beanie so your whole head can look like a pumpkin. I used this tutorial


I thought it might be cool to give my sister for her October birthday, to use to go trick-or-treating with her little buddies. It's the ultimate way to show you care about Halloween but are too cool to really dress up. I even added a little green pom-pom on the end so people can get the idea.

I don't think it turned out as cool as I would have liked it. No matter how tight the stitches are, patterns seem to run large. Maybe if it is put in the wash it will soften up a little and shrink. But I hope she likes it!


No comments:

Post a Comment