Wednesday, June 15, 2016

D is for Diamonbacks

Ross has been busy with orientation for his residency program, but the clouds parted and the program director offered two tickets to a local Major League Baseball  game! We thought it might be a fun thing to do, and when I heard they were playing the Dodgers... well how could I say no?

To be honest, I could say no... to this summer heat. BUT as luck would have it, Chase Field where the Diamondbacks play is totally enclosed and air conditioned! It felt a little strange at first, but it is pretty awesome and definitely makes summer sports more enjoyable.


We payed $12 for downtown parking and could therefore not justify buying any ballpark snacks, but I didn't see any Dodger Dogs around so that's okay.

The Diamondbacks, or "D-backs" if you're a local, have a very confusing color scheme. I guess it was originally purprle, copper, teal, and black. Now it is "Sedona Red" and "Sonoran Sand" ... and white or something? What I'm saying is, you have lots of options. Ross and I just opted for a bleh red to show that we support our local team, but in all honestly I'm an LA girl and and total truth, I just don't like sports that much.


Still, it was fun to get out of the house and act like the Phoenicians we now are! Baseball seems to be a pretty big deal down here, maybe it's because of Spring Training ... or just true blood Americans!



No comments:

Post a Comment