Wednesday, April 27, 2016

Aunt Carrie Visit

Well, I may have just gotten back from my Phoenix trip last night, but that doesn't mean I'm not up for more adventure today! I like to jam pack my free time. That, and I am definitely starting to feel a crunch before I am once again moving.

Today I had the privilege of visiting with my Aunt Carrie and my cousin's son, Henry! It was so fun to show them around Redlands a little bit.



Prospect Park is always a fun choice for pretty much anyone. It was a beautiful day and we just took it easy and strolled around. I got a little sad though, realizing that with so much going on, it might be my last time at my favorite place in Redlands. Views like this make it hard to beat.

Palms and orange groves = Redlands.

 

Palm trees = Redlands. 

Henry and I hung out in the middle of this bamboo forest, but he wasn't too sure about Carrie's attempts to scare him through the shoots.



Carrie, being the awesome aunt she is, treated me to lunch at Five Guys where I learned that Henry loves ketchup and smashing peanuts (eating them- not so much). Still, he made less of a mess with the peanuts than most customers there.

The day was packed with parks and playing playing playing. I forgot how much energy a three year old has, and I'm not sure who was more worn out at the end of the day.

 





 
We went to a park by the University of Redlands and played there too! I learned that Henry loves the show "Paw Patrol."



He does this thing from the show where he (literally) sniffs out "tracks" and follows them to solve the mystery. I could not stop cracking as he hunched over shuffling and sniffing for tracks. He is so great!

We also took some time to cool off inside and read some books.



Henry loved racing me around the play ground and asking for my help climbing the small rock wall at my apartment complex. He is a super brave kid with a big personality. Somehow I still managed to visit with Carrie too. She is such an incredible person and I look up to her so much. I am so lucky that she had the time to come visit.

Ross came home early and outdoing herself yet again, Carrie treated us to dinner at Panera. Before long she had to head home with sleepy Henry in tow. I am so glad she made the trip out to see me in my natural habit, it was a special day and made me think a little too much about how much I am going to miss all this when I leave.


No comments:

Post a Comment