Sunday, September 6, 2015

Inkodye Table Runner

Earlier this year my best friend Brigette gave me this awesome craft kit from Darby Smart. She knows me all too well. Crafts = way to my heart. Well, pizza too but that's a little shorter lived.

The kit was for an Inkodye Table Runner, and I was pretty excited because never had I ever heard of anything like it. When she explained it to me I felt like I was in some wizarding world mix of Potions class and Transfiguration mixed with Home Ec. Count me in. 

Unfortunately living in a crummy apartment your options for a five foot long full sunlight spot are limited. And I really didn't wanna mess this one up. Luckily my parents have plenty of space and sunshine so I patiently waited to do it there. 

Turns out I picked the perfect weekend with great sun but not scorching heat and also- the perfect size TV box for the project. 

Clipped some foliage first to look at all our options. And mapped it out a bit. 


Then we got to work spreading the dye. I actually love that it's a bit uneven. Gives it a nice earthy/artsy feel. 


Watching it develop was really fun. It started as a beige color and got progressively darker until it reached its rich plum color. So beautiful!


Some leaves blew off half way through but I like how some imprints are darker than others. The ferns are my favorite. 

I was a little nervous about messing it up, but it turned out fantastic. I would be interested in getting more dye and doing other projects with it. 

Thanks for the fun project Brigette! I love the way it turned out. 😊




No comments:

Post a Comment