Saturday, September 26, 2015

Idylwild: Attempting to Beat the Heatwave

I am really trying really hard to not complain about the heat. Partially because I just know that I tempt fate and wherever I move next will be hotter than here. I try to take matters into my own hands but that doesn't seem to work either.

I always equate the mountains to cooler, breezy temperatures. After so many sweltering mountain experiences, you think I would learn my lesson. It's just not true in Southern California mountains in the summer.



Thinking that we would give the mountains another try, we headed up to Idylwild to hang out for a bit.



Although it wasn't a lot cooler temperature-wise, it was fun to get out of the house and do something different. Pretty much my favorite thing to do: wander. It is also where I first fell in love with chocolate covered cheesecake, so Ross and I got one, this time covered in Butterfingers.

We walked around the little stores. Trying on funny hats and seeing that truly, the demographic here is more for winos.



I liked this shop that had a yard full of colorful rocks. They were super cheap but Ross wouldn't let me get a dozen.



What?! He doesn't want these strewn around our apartment so he can stub his toes around every corner? Ridiculous.



No comments:

Post a Comment