Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Hello Again

Also known as, "The Post Wherein Kristen Blogs Again and Divulges Her Darkest Secrets"

Obviously it has been a hot minute since I've been round these parts.

2017 honestly sucked a bit. 

And I can say that, because it is March now and I'm safely out of the biased, "Aww let's reminisce about past and future!" part of the new year/ January. 

In 2017 (which I may eventually post about) I started a new job, which turned into a full time+ endeavor that honestly, wreaked total havoc on my life.  There were lots of good times and fun adventures, to be sure, but it was also kind of a total s*** show. 

But anyways, let's get to the part where I tell you about my flaws and insecurities. 

Lately I have found myself increasingly anxious and irritated. I figured it was probably just because I work remote and get cabin fever being at home all day. I get sick of looking at my stupid apartment and stupid furniture and stupid everything. 

But after some thought, it dawned on me that there was likely a different contributing factor. 

My brain thinks it is time to move. Not in a metaphoric or athletic sense. My brain is trained to move at least every 2 years. Since I've been an adult, 2 years is the maximum time I have ever spent in one place. I really think my brain is ready to go through a Match, or otherwise receive a new assignment, then pack up my life and get going. 

But it's more than that. It's that I'm hungry for a fresh start

A few years ago this fear actually struck me, "What if I get so accustomed to moving around that I can't NOT move every couple years? What if I can never settle down?"

And here we are. So in the absence of assigned change (don't worry that comes next year). I am thinking I might make some updates to my current garage sale/thrift store/junkyard furniture. Stay tuned! 

No comments:

Post a Comment