Saturday, May 2, 2015

Post-Petersens

It's always hard to see family go and no matter how far they travel back home or how long til you see them, I always kinda have mixed feelings of anxiety and sadness. Ross and I both had a bunch of energy so we decided to go check out the local comic shop since we had missed Free Comic Book Day 2015 that morning. And by "miss" I mean, the line was blocks long to get in to that tiny shop when it opened. Ross decided it was more important to him to spend time with his family. Great choice!


Unfortunately by the time we made it to the comic shop there were only two measly books left. I guess I just grabbed the Sonic one as a formality. A bit dejected, as we walked back to the car we noticed an Art Walk type thing set up down the street. 


"Art Festival" sure why not. It was fun to walk around and see all the beautiful things we can't afford. 


My favorite artist was Owen Klaas. All his paintings were amazing and the titles really gave them meaning. After that we went in search of this "Holland Festival" that has been advertised for a couple months. We couldn't really figure out what was going on with it or if it was just over, so that was kind of a bummer. I think being denied so many times just gave us more energy to find something that would satisfy out need for something we couldn't quite put our fingers on. 

So we somehow ended up a ways away in Ikea. Because duh, we needed to drive an hour to get a $4 salad spinner.


Ross goes, "Do you need something to store your snakes in?" Perfect solution. Also, I am considering what I need to do to convince Cassie that she needs this lamp at her wedding reception. 

Another reason we went is because I had heard Ikea had a good way to display comics! Found these lightweight frames for only a couple bucks each (they are called Nyttja). When we got home Ross picked out some of his favorites to display, now we just need about a hundred more. 


I think they look awesome! 

No comments:

Post a Comment