Thursday, July 25, 2013

Grena- WHAT?! (.gif packed action!)

When my dearest husband told me that he was going to apply to a medical school in the Caribbean, I laughed. I think I was conscientous enough to laugh on the inside, and my outward manifestion of desperation was masked by wide eyes.

"Huh?"

shocked cat



I mean, I knew he wanted to have options... but I wasn't about to sign up for some crack-pot-voodoo-magic-med-school.

*ahem*

The days went on and I began to think, "lounging in the sun for a couple years couldn't be THAT bad!" 



Then I used my debit card to pay for the application. And things got REAL.

made a huge mistake

So like any self-respecting, self-proclaimed Social Scientist would do, I got to work researching. I attacked the information with ferocity! I found the Significant Others web page, I read blogs, I took notes (nerd alert!).

And I cried.



I'm not afraid to admit that. Plus, that was in my younger and more vulnerable days.

And then came the move back in with my parents, the acceptance letter, the crappy buffer jobs, and all of a sudden, we were packed and sitting in LAX for the world's most anxiety packed trip.

















I must have been in a fugue state or something. Because almost a year later, here I am!

All jokes aside (because honestly, a fugue state might've been better ha...ha...ha).

My intention is to write a series of GRENADA posts to help my fellow SOs, ex-pats, and adventure-lovers -pack, arrive, and adjust to the adventure of living in Grenada! :)

Welcome.


1 comment:

  1. There are SO MANY emotions associated with the Caribbean. Seriously.

    When do you lounge in the sun, girl! Seriously, haha.

    ReplyDelete